Do you know that the indoor air in your home can actually be making allergy and asthma symptoms worse for members of your household? To reduce the number of allergens and other contaminants in your air, install an air cleaner and air filtration system. Call Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality for services in Melissa, TX! We offer more than 60 years of experience and flat-rate pricing with every job!
Is your home not reaching the temperature set on your thermostat? Contact us to schedule air conditioning repairs.
Why You Need an Air Cleaner in Your House?
How clean is the air your family breathes in your home? If you’re not sure - and especially if you have an allergy or asthma sufferers in your household - you can benefit from an air cleaner. These systems can:
- Remove allergens from the air to reduce symptoms.
- Improve the overall air quality.
- Reduce the amount of humidity in your home, making it more comfortable and protecting your home from excess moisture.
- Remove stubborn odors to make your home smell cleaner.
- Lessen airborne bacteria. This can help protect your family from colds, flu, and other illnesses.
Types of Filters Used in Air Cleaners
Air cleaners use filters to help remove debris and contaminants from the air in your home. There are many varieties of filters you can use, including:
- Ionic: These generate negative ions to capture positive ions - including dust and allergen particles. These are cost-effective filter options. They are best for removing cigarette smoke from a property.
- HEPA: These were originally developed to remove radioactive dust particles from the air. They are now used to reduce mold, pet dander, bacteria and pollen from the air.
- Ultraviolet: These destroy microorganisms. This type of filter is the best for preventing illness and disease.
- Carbon: These are the most absorbent. They reduce odors and fumes without releasing any of the contaminants back into the air.
Are you tired of making frequent repairs on your existing air conditioner? Learn about our AC installation and replacement services.
Tips to Keep Your Air Cleaner Working Effectively
To keep your indoor air clean and healthy, it’s important to keep the air cleaner maintained so it can work properly. This can include cleaning the system and vacuuming the panels and grills to remove dust and other buildups. You should also regularly change the filters and if you have a UV system, the bulbs will need to be replaced often. To ensure the system is working as expected, you should also schedule yearly inspections with a professional.