As the situation concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to ensure that Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality and all of our staff are following the recommendations set forth by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Without question, the health and wellness of our customers and our community are critically important to us, so we want to reiterate the very latest guidelines to all of you as you consider the precautions you too will take in the coming days/weeks.
Precautions we are taking – and we recommend you take as well – include the following list:
- Frequently and thoroughly wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or use your inner elbow or sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Good luck with this one. You don’t realize how much you touch your own face until you try not to.
- Stay home if you’re sick and keep your children home if they are sick. A body temperature of 100.4 or higher is considered a fever. We will not allow anyone from our staff to come to work if they are presenting any symptoms, including a fever.
- Clean surfaces in your home and workplace, including personal items, such as cell phones, using regular household products.
- Consider an “elbow bump” instead of a hug or handshake. No contact is best and we will keep a safe and comfortable distance from you.
Additionally, everyone at Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality is ready with protective items, such as N95 face masks, rubber gloves, and hand sanitizer. We want to be prepared should the need arise to use them. If you would like, simply ask and our technicians will wear a face mask and/or rubber gloves, at your request, when they are in your home.
We want you to be comfortable with us being inside your home. The goal is to minimize the impact on our community by continually looking to our public health experts for guidance related to COVID-19.
Here are some additional resources for your reference:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Risk Assessment Guidance
Very reluctantly and cautiously, it is worthy of mention that there are air sanitizing products for HVAC systems that are known to kill germs and viruses in the air and on surfaces. While none of these products have been tested specifically on the COVID-19 Coronavirus as of yet, some have been studied and proven to work on similar viruses. We will continue to offer these products and are available to answer any related questions. Please make no mistake, we are not looking to capitalize on the current events and we have always and will continue to sell these air sanitizing products well below the manufacturers’ suggested retail prices.
I’m so sensitive to this crisis that I’m not comfortable even including our prices in this notice. I will not prey on fear. What I will do is provide you one link to the one manufacturer that has already published a white paper on their product as it relates to COVID-19 and let you judge for yourself. We are awaiting similar news from other manufacturers.
Through this crisis, we hope to maintain business as usual, but also want to ensure we’re aligning with best practices to do all we can to keep our customers and community healthy. Be safe and careful and we’ll be here to keep you comfortable and get you prepared for the Texas summer heat.
- David Weiss, General Manager