Is your current air conditioner failing to cool your home to its desired temperature? Is it aging and requiring frequent repairs? These symptoms can signal it’s time to replace the system. Call Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality when you need AC installations or replacements in Melissa, TX. In business since 1958, we bring more than 60 years of experience to every job we do.
Are you looking for an energy-efficient cooling system that’s easy to install? Contact us to learn about ductless mini split systems.
Advantages of Installing a New Air Conditioner
When the summer heat hits, having your air conditioner completely malfunction can be inconvenient - and even dangerous - for your household as the temperatures soar. One way to avoid an unexpected breakdown is to be proactive and replace your unit before it stops working. Installing a new system can have several advantages, including:
- A more energy-efficient unit, which allows your system to run on less energy and reduce your utility bills.
- Maximum indoor climate control to allow even cooling throughout your home.
- Improved indoor air quality, as the new unit can more effectively remove allergens, contaminants, and other particles from the air.
- Peace of mind knowing your new unit likely won’t need repairs - or need to be replaced - in the near future.
- The latest bells and whistles that can provide optimal climate control and ease-of-use.
Signs Your Refrigerant Needs to Be Recharged
The refrigerant in your air conditioning system helps ensure your unit can effectively cool your home. When there is a leak, or you need to recharge your refrigerant, you may notice these signs:
- Your AC unit is running as expected, but it’s not pumping out cold air. The air it’s producing might even be warm, or room temperature.
- Your home is not reaching the temperature set on your thermostat.
- There is frost built up on the tubes, motors, and other parts of your system. This can indicate a leak.
If you notice these symptoms, schedule an appointment with a service company to check your refrigerant levels.
When your AC unit malfunctions - and it’s not quite time to replace it - call us to schedule air conditioner repair services.
Symptoms That Indicate You Need a New AC Unit
Have you been continuously scheduling repairs to service your aging air conditioner? While this might seem like a more convenient choice than replacing your unit, there are some signs that can indicate it’s time to install a new system. Some symptoms can include:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old and nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your utility bills are increasing.
- Your unit is not properly cooling your home, failing to keep it at a desirable temperature.
- Your system needs multiple - or large, costly - repairs.
- Your unit is leaking.
- You hear strange sounds coming from the system that could indicate an issue with your motor.