For residents of McKinney, TX, a fully operational furnace is just as important as a working air conditioner. Temperatures during winter can dip below the freezing point, which means a furnace is required to keep your family warm on those chilly nights. So what happens when you need a furnace replacement?
Here at Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality, we offer furnace installation service to homeowners in Collin County and the surrounding areas. If your furnace is broken beyond repair or you simply want to put in an upgrade, we’re ready to help you out.
Save yourself a bundle of money on your next service call by checking out our coupons page today.
Clues a Furnace Is in Decline
Are you able to determine when a furnace is reaching the end of its life? The appliance will offer up clues to indicate the need for furnace replacement is imminent. Here is something homeowners should be on the lookout for:
- Furnace has a hard time keeping your home warm.
- Awful odors coming from the appliance itself.
- Loud noises or vibrations while the unit is operating.
- Huge, sudden spikes in utility charges.
None of these symptoms are good news for your furnace. If you catch any of these signs, it’s best to call a furnace company to send a specialist to inspect the unit. They will be able to tell you whether or not furnace replacement is necessary.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
Don’t know if you should install a new furnace? Here are a few benefits to doing so:
- More modern furnaces are more energy-efficient than older systems. Newer systems have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating of more than 90 percent. A higher score means that the furnace costs less to operate, which means lower energy bills for you. If this appeals to you, then you should look into our furnace installation service.
- Modern furnaces feature variable-speed technology. Older furnaces run on fixed-speed technology. The technology in modern furnaces is more efficient in heating the rooms. They can produce more consistent warm air and maintain the temperature at a steady level. Also, modern furnaces provide superior humidity control. If you want a better-controlled environment, you should consider a furnace replacement.
- Newer furnaces also come with state-of-the-art safety features. They are less likely to develop leaks. And because they are new, they’re also not going to have problems that older systems might. It is worth the investment.
- A major benefit of upgrading to a new furnace is that you will have to face fewer mechanical issues. Fewer mechanical issues mean less money out of your pocket; your family will be comfortable and you can enjoy your furnace the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
Come take a peek at what other people in your area have to say about our services by browsing our customer reviews page.
Plan Furnace Replacement Ahead of Time
There’s no getting around the fact every appliance in your home will eventually succumb to wear and tear or another such failure and need replacing. The best way to make sure you don’t have to wait around for furnace replacement service is by shopping around for a new appliance before the current one dies. The clues we list above will help you determine when the time comes, and learning the signs of a furnace in decline may give you time to prepare the purchase of a new one.
If you’re stuck with an old furnace, you may notice the frequency of repairs increasing. As an appliance age, the more attention it needs. The cost of maintaining the furnace may begin to get out of hand, in which case you might want to think about buying a new furnace. Modern models are often more eco-friendly. If you’re able to bear the upfront cost of buying a new unit, it may pay for itself down the line due to savings in energy consumption.