When the temperatures rise in Texas, you want to ensure your house is cool and comfortable to beat the summer heat. To keep your AC unit working as expected, call Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality for tune-ups, maintenance, and repairs. In business since 1958, we have the experience and expertise to get your air conditioner up and running! We offer flat-rate pricing when you schedule an appointment in Anna, TX!
Are you done making frequent repairs to your AC unit? Learn about our air conditioner installation services.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
When the summer heat and humidity hit, you don’t want to come home to a hot, sticky house. To make sure your home is cool and inviting all summer long, it’s important to catch air conditioning issues as soon as possible. Watch for these signs that can signal your AC unit needs repairs:
- Your home isn’t reaching its desired temperature.
- Your unit isn’t producing cold air.
- Water is pooling under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- There are hot and cold spots around your home, signaling your system isn’t cooling your property evenly.
- Your monthly utility bills increase without a change in usage.
- Your unit is getting older and nearing the end of its lifespan.
Why AC Maintenance Is Important?
To make sure your central air conditioning system can keep your property cool all summer long it’s important to keep it properly maintained. Some of the benefits of having a professional perform regular tune-ups can include:
- Keep your unit running efficiently and economically.
- Spend less to keep your system operating.
- Have maximum climate control throughout your home.
- Ensure proper indoor air quality.
- Catch small issues early before they turn into major problems.
- Ensure that your property and loved ones are safe.
Do you want an energy-efficient alternative to your air conditioner? Ask us about our ductless mini split systems.
What to Expect During an AC Tune-Up?
When you hire an AC contractor to perform maintenance on your air conditioning system, you can expect the professional to complete the following tasks:
- Check the refrigerant to make sure the unit has the right amount.
- Check for leaks.
- Examine the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly and that the right amount of air is flowing through it.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors, if needed.
- Examine the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected.