Air cleaners and air filtration systems do more than improve the air quality in your home. These systems can also help rid your property of odors, remove allergens to improve allergy and asthma symptoms for those in your household, and even help lower the humidity level. When you need a system installed, call Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality. When you schedule an appointment in Anna, TX we will provide you with flat-rate pricing so there are no surprises later.
When your AC unit has reached the end of its lifespan and it needs to be replaced, contact us to schedule air conditioning installation services.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner
Does your house feel humid, or have an odd odor? These can be symptoms that you need an air cleaner installed in your home. These units can provide the following advantages:
- Remove allergens from the air, allowing household members to have fewer allergy symptoms.
- Improve the air quality for people with asthma to lessen their symptoms.
- Lower the humidity level in the house.
- Remove odors from the home.
- Get rid of airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Types of Air Cleaners
There are several types of air cleaners you can select to install in your home. Some of the most common systems include:
- Whole-house systems: These provide consistent air quality control throughout your property.
- Portable air purifier products: These units are less expensive than whole-house systems but they are not as powerful.
- Ozone generators: These systems produce oxidation properties that safely control air pollutants and clean your air.
To save money on your cooling costs, contact us to learn about ductless mini split systems.
Maintenance You Should Perform on Air Cleaners
To keep your air cleaner working properly to effectively remove debris and pollutants from your home, it’s important to keep it well maintained. Some tasks that should be completed regularly include:
- Vacuum the unit regularly to remove dust. This includes the exterior panels and grills.
- Change the HEPA filter at least every 3-6 months.
- Hire a professional to inspect the unit and perform routine maintenance at least once a year.
- Change the bulbs in UV air purifiers as needed.