Can you believe there’s an entire day dedicated to appreciating your air conditioning? We can! You may think it’s odd at first, but if you take a moment to consider all that your Air Conditioner does to keep you and those you know nice and cool, you might not think it so odd.
AC units are one of those things in your home that aren’t noticed until they stop working; we’re sure you’ve heard the all-too-common stories of the air conditioning going out as soon as the first 100-degree day of summer for the year hits?
While occurrences like that are common, often they’re avoidable. Let’s take a look at how.
Regular Air Conditioning Maintenance Prevents Larger Problems
When it comes to saving money, proper air conditioning maintenance is one of the smartest ways you can keep more money in your pocket.
Not only does proper and regular servicing of your AC unit help to reduce your energy bills and keep clean air flowing through your home and business, but it also can prevent much more expensive repairs or replacement down the road due to servicing neglect.
Sometimes AC Replacement is Unavoidable
Ensuring that your HVAC system is regularly serviced and maintained will prevent a lot of costly repairs or replacements, however, there are times when AC replacement is unavoidable.
- If you notice your energy bills steadily increasing in cost, replacing an older or less energy efficient unit is going to be a better choice than having it serviced.
- When your AC unit reaches the age of 10-15 years, it makes more sense to replace the unit instead of dealing with more regular and costly repairs or higher utility bills due to an improperly running unit.
- If your unit is using R 22 freon, which is no longer used in newer units due to being less energy efficient; when your unit runs out of this, you’ll need to replace it as this type of freon is no longer available.
- If you notice your home isn’t staying cool easily, sometimes it’s due to your unit not being large enough to support your home and you’ll need to upgrade.
Take Care of Your Duct Cleaning
A lot goes into making sure your home AC system is operating smoothly and efficiently; your ductwork is one of these components.
It’s important that regular duct cleaning takes place alongside your AC maintenance.
Without free-flowing ductwork, you could run into some other related issues:
- Mold can grow inside HVAC ducts, which is then circulated within your home and business and breathed in by you and others.
- Ducts can move other toxins and allergens through your home and business, including particles from vermin and rodents that have gotten inside your ductwork.
- Your AC unit relies on your ductwork to move the air freely within your home. When your duct system has blockages, your AC unit has to work harder to compensate for this; this can raise your AC bills.
Considering everything mentioned above, thank an AC technician when you see one for this AC Day; without properly serviced and running AC systems, we’d all be less comfortable and breathing worse air. Share this article in your favorite social media outlet so others can learn and appreciate, as well!