If your AC barely made it through last summer, you might be in the market for a new one. Spring is a great time to start looking at the different cooling products on the market so that you can have yours installed in plenty of time for the blazing hot weather to arrive. Here are five things to keep in mind as you’re shopping around.
Make sure you factor in the following considerations as you’re looking for cooling products.
- Noise – You might think you’ve found an efficient, affordable unit that will meet your needs, only to find that it makes so much racket it keeps you up at night. Try to find a model that is quiet enough that you can only hear the fan running – if that.
- Installation – In order for your cooling unit to operate properly, it will have to be installed by a qualified, experienced professional.
- Warranty – Some models have longer warranties than others, so don’t overlook this important consideration when you’re shopping for cooling products. Look at the manufacturer’s website for warranty information, and also talk to the retailer to get the details on how long you’ll be covered, and what types of repair coverage will be included.
- Filter – Try to find a model that provides easy access to the filter. One of the best ways of ensuring the long-term health of your unit will be changing the filter on a regular basis.
- Size – If your unit is too large for your home, it will operate inefficiently. As a result, your energy bill will be far too high each month. But if it’s too small, it will have to work too hard in order to keep you comfortable.
Cooling products can last for several years and operate at top efficiency if you take the time to make sure you are making the right choice. If you’d like more information or get some help from an expert, contact Burnside Air Conditioning, Heating & Indoor Air Quality online or call 972-215-7992.